[IPk] Fat and protein

Hi Pat
Thanks for the diet assessment!  To be honest it has been hard enough to get
my head around the CHO variables that I haven't paid too much attention to
the fat and protein .... I don't use much oil when stir frying.  I guess the
scones are pretty high in fat as they have about 8g of butter and 8g of
cheese per scone, plus I put more butter on when eating them.  And they have
eggs in too.  Yes I do make them fresh.  Here's the recipe
150g (non GMO!) Soya flour
50g butter
50g grated Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
= - 1 tsp mustard powder
splash of milk

Mix the dry ingredients together.  Add butter and rub in until mixture is
like breadcrumbs.  Add eggs, cheese and enough milk to form a dough.  Roll
out and cut into 6 or 9 (I prefer 6 as they are a bit tiny in 9's).  Bake in
a hot oven for about 12-15 minutes.
I add linseeds and sesame seeds sometimes as well to the dough - gives a
nice crunch! = 6g of CHO per scone (if 6's, 4g if 9's)  I forget the fat and
protein content (sorry Pat!).

Anyway isn't 50% of calories from fat what Dr Atkins recommends??  Has
anyone actually tried doing Atkins "properly"??  Has anyone else read Dr
Bernstein's Diabetes solution?  I read it ages ago before I was dxd (when I
was supposedly "glucose intolerant") but haven't been back to it since.  Has
anyone tried his method?  It all sounded a bit scary to me.

32, dxd Jan 2003, currently on Lantus and Humalog, aspirational pumper

All the information contained in this email and any attachments is
confidential to Traidcraft and the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use or disclose this e-mail in any way.
Please destroy the message and any attachments and notify the author by
replying to this e-mail. The comments, opinions and conclusions contained in
this message are solely those of the author. They are not endorsed,
implicitly or explicitly, by Traidcraft unless indicated by an authorised
representative, independently of this message. Thank you for your