[IPk] Asthma and Ventolin meds

Sasha has had high blood sugars (22 mmols) up and down again  yesterday and
today never under 9 mmols.  She doesn't seem to be feeling ill, just is
coughing a bit.  She and her twin sister both had asthma when they were 18
months old.  Beckie   (8yrs non D) still has asthma and is using medication
for this daily, however the last 3 years Sasha has had no asthma symptoms at
all.  Apart for the occasional cough with a cold.  On these occasions I have
given her puffs of ventolin and the coughs had gone without further
treatment I have rarely had to do this though in 3 years. However I try to
avoid this as it seems to make her blood sugars rocket.  Does anyone know if
Ventolin  (Salbutamol Inhaler) can up the blood sugars like this, I know
that the steroid puffers can do this.  Puzzled.  I have searched the
internet and cannot find anything.

Mum of Sasha aged 8 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry