Re: [IPk] accepting lows

email @ redacted writes:

> I'll get off my soap box now
No, Abi, what you're saying is sensible and realistic.  You're right - we
look normal on the outside, it's just the inside that doesn't work as it

Like you I believe that hypos should not be a regular, accepted part of
diabetic life. We diabetics may have to accept the phenomenon ourselves to
some degree until normalisation is possible, but the rest of the world
shouldn't penalise us in the meantime!

I compromised my life by accepting bgs which were too high, because my
control was so unstable (now I know why) and so that I wouldn't be considered
a danger to my patients because of hypos.  The latter bit worked -
colleagues/bosses frequently expressed doubt or disbelief when told I had the
big D (one of the believers said, but you're only diet controlled, right?).
But the price was too high - I have multiple complications.  The other end of
the extreme is equally unacceptable.

Best wishes,