Re: [IPk] Re: Dafne

Hi Helen,

Go to the website suggested (because it is a very long name, you may
find that you have to copy and paste it in, and take out the carrage
return) and you will see that your DSN and dietician are well off in
their understanding of DAFNE.

I _think_ what your dietician said was 'the GI doesn't matter, as a
'balanced diet' (whatever that is) takes that into account'.  I suspect
he doesn't understand GI any better than he understands DAFNE.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, taking a break from pre-Christmas cleaning.  Only
kitchen floor, cutlery drawer, bed-changing and ironing to go!)

>I've been told by the DSN that it's a Scandinavian study and is all to do
>with the glycaemic index, it's effect on diabetes and insulin uptake. She
>seemed quite keen on finding out more, but, as ever, the health auth won't
>fund the training needed. The dietician said he didn't think it was such an
>important thing, as a balanced diet should take into account the way foods
>work anyway.
>He said there was info on the DUK site.
>Best wishes...
>Helen McC (for whom glargine is not working the way they'd like it to..seeing
>the consultant again 9th Jan...will ask again about a pump then..maybe better
>luck this time)!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)