Re: [IPk] clubbing, bacardi breezeres etc

In the pre-Christmas haul round Tesco, I noticed that they sell
cranberry-and-something and blue citrus sweet stuff for you to put your
own rum or vodka in.  The cranberry one was 22 (or was it 28) g per
250ml suggested serving.

No use while clubbing, of course, but something to try at home (has
anyone tried them?  How do they compare to bbs?

The reason why there are few 'lite' alcopops is, I guess, that the
'addictive' quality of the sugar is important.

Putting alcohol in ice lollies is a problem, because of the lower
freezing point of alcohol (putting bottles of vodka in the freezer,
however, is a good idea).  The cranberry bbs remind me of the raspberry
flavour home made lollies of my childhood.  I guess they would have been
a raspberry flavouring and colouring to which one was supposed to add
sugar, but my mother added sorbitol.  In other words, a nice
fruity/chemically taste!

Talking of chemical tastes - is anyone here a member of the Church of
LDS?  We have relatives who are, and faced with 'Mormon Pink drink' is
the only time within living memory that I've pulled the 'I can't ... I'm
a diabetic' card.  What, if it isn't a religious secret, is _in_ that
stuff?  I'm not condemning my relatives for not drinking alcohol, tea or
coffee - good ethical/religious/moral/health reasons, I do understand.
But why not replace these with at least the _option_ of a glass of tap

With best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, wishing you all a happy year's turning)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)