Re: [IPk] Alcohol

Hi Mandy
Hope you had a good time anyway. I almost inevitably get hypos the morning
(and sometimes afternoon) after drinking.
I ended up drinking my usual vodka and diet coke last night. After about 4
drinks we started dancing. I didn't feel like drinking any more at that point
- alcoholic or not - so I reduced my basal from 1.0 to 0.1 for the first half
hour. I think my Bg was probably on the lowish side all evening -mind you we
were dancing pretty much nonstop for about 3 1/2 hours. I left at about
1.30am and was a little low by the time I got home, but nothing that a big
mug of hot chocolate couldn't fix :-) I felt fine this morning, except that
my BG started going low around 11am because I forgot to reduce my basal for
this morning. Normally i reduce it for the following 24 hours after I've been
drinking, but I forgot so it's my own fault!