RE: [IPk] Dehydration

Hi Jackie

snipped> drinks.  I loath and detest coke and feel cheated that I do, because

That may be a good thing!  Caffeine is dehydrating anyway, so you shouldn't
count coke as part of your fluid intake.  Plus, a very small nursing research
project about 10 or 12 years ago suggested that post-operative patients who
drank only *diet* cola could become seriously dehydrated because the drink is
so full of chemicals that the body tries to flush them out.

I have never got into tea and coffee, and used to be a diet coke drinker.
Since I started drinking all that water, there's not much room for any other
fluids, and a "nice cup of hot water" is actually quite comforting!

Best wishes