Re: [IPk] Re: Alcohol

On Friday 20 December 2002 15:29, you wrote:
> Mandy,
> I suspect this email may reach you during your Bacardi-induced hangover but
> anyway...........
> I have found that drinking Alcopops, especially very sweet ones such as
> BB's/Smirnoff Ice send my blood sugar into the high teens, and unless a lot
> of alcohol has been consumed, the sugars remain this way well into the
> morning.  If you have one or two they are effectively like drinking coke or
> lemonade; at higher quantities the alcohol will kick in later, and lower
> the blood sugar

Hi Louis
I would agree with you, except that if Mandy is going to be dancing, then she
might actually do better with alcopops - or alternating alcohol with e.g.
fruit juice.

The one sugar free alcopop I've found (which is also one of the nicest) is
Vodka Source. Comes in a variety of flavours. Not sure how popular it is in
pubs / clubs but you can get it in the supermarket. Doesn't taste sickly
either like some of them.