RE: [IPk] Education others about your pump

Hi Mary

I found this interesting:

At the hospital,
> fortunately there was one
> enlightened member of staff on duty who understood pumps
> the fact that,
> even though this person was hypo and needed treatment, they

> needed to have
> some insulin going in too.
> Lots of lessons there. :-)

If I find myself going hypo in the night I will usually fix
it by setting a temporary basal of 0.0 for 1 - 1.5 hours and
it fixes it a treat with no re-bound usually.  I usually
prefer this to eating something sweet in the night as this
can often make me sick.

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader