RE: [IPk] Diabetes symptoms??

Hi Mary

I have spoken to my daughter tonight and she now has some sort of cream for
the thrush and the GP has asked her to bring a urine specimen in.  I have
tested her with Sasha's meter ( clean lancets) a couple of times and her bg
has been in the region of 4.5. This was about 5 weeks ago I think.  So I
don't think there really is a problem it just crossed my mind.  I just
wondered if the amount of water she drinks would be enough to dilute the
blood and urine enough to give a false reading in the early stages of D.  I
am not really worrying a lot about this, just being aware.  She always seem
to me to be wanting drinks and looks agitated if there isn't one.  I mean
when we went shopping a couple of weeks back we had to go somewhere and buy
a drink cos she was really thirsty. We'd only been in town a short time.
Maybe its me and I just don't drink enough!   I never get that thirsty
shopping and believe me I can shop for hours!  I also don't like cold drink
much and drink lots of tea and coffee.  Maybe that's where she's going wrong
and needs to get that caffeine down her!!!

Nicki is in her 20's and has been with the boyfriend about 2 or 3 years.  I
have mentioned about Nick ( the boyfriend)  being treated for thrush to as
its obviously going to get spread back and forth and she said of course she
knew that already !!!!!  I suppose I was slightly more concerned this time
as she has only recently had another urine infection and for someone who
drinks lots of water and cranberry juice you'd think that she would be able
to avoid these things.

I will tell you if anything significant shows up.

Thanks Jackie
Mum of many girls.