Re: [IPk] Alcohol

Hi  Mandy,

Bacardi breezers are a bad thing to start experimenting with, because
you don't know how much fruit juice is in them.  Order rum and diet
coke, or vodka and orange, and you know what you are getting.

It is always best to experiment in the company of a 'designated driver'
- someone who knows your hypo symptoms, your bg meter, and where you
keep the glucagon.

Experimenting means measuring your bgs before, and then every 30 mins
after the drink.

What you could do tonight (assuming abstinence isn't an option) is:
stick to alcolhol-only drinks (spirits, dry wines) and ones where you
can reasonably guess the CHO (real fruit juice). Try and find a
'designated driver', and give them a quick coaching in the use of a bg
meter and where you keep your glucose tabs.  And keep measuring your

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, enjoys many kinds of drink, including the cranberry
breezer, which remind me of home-made ice lollies)

>Hi all,
>I'm going out clubbing tonight  to celebrate end of exams and assignments.
>Was wondering if any one knows what i should do if i drink Bacardi Breezers.
>This is the first proper night out since I started on the pump at the
>begining of september.  Once I had one bottle of BB and found my bg to be
>high after, another time I had 2 bottles and bolused 1 unit for each.  Its
>more than likely I will drink more than that tonight, but I don't want to
>send myself hypo later in the night. Help!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)