Re: [IPk] Diabetes symptoms??

Hi Jackie -

>Beckie still isn't right. My oldest daughter keeps getting urine
>infections and has now got thrush again.  When she is home I think she
>drinks excessive amounts or water.  She lives away from home now so only
>her every 3 weeks or so.  She literally walks around the house carrying a 2
>litre bottle of water sometimes.

Hi Jackie -

It's good that you're keeping an eye on her blood sugars, but excessive
thirst could be a symptom of something else. Does she exercise a lot? Does
she take a lot of salt in her diet? It's also a symptom of diabetes
insipidus. I'm sure if you put excessive thirst in a search engine other
possibilities will come up.