Re: [IPk] Matching bolus to food is difficult!

In message <email @ redacted>, Heather Gibbs
<email @ redacted> writes
>You think that wholemeal bread will be better than white because that is
>what the dietitian told you.  Well she told you some time ago but its
>changed now its just as bad as white bread!

Or just as good...

Wholemeal bread is often (to my mind) tastier than white bread - not to
mention higher in fibre than white breads, as Melissa says.

Dieticians are, I have found, fearful of anything containing
carbohydrates.  This is because of the 'healthy diet' nonsense: if the
patient doesn't inject the right insulin to match the food eaten, of
course they will go high ... so of course it's easier to tell them to
eat only leafy green vegetables!

(Not that there is anything wrong with spinach; it's very nice with
cream and nutmeg, rice and a poached egg).

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)