[IPk] Re: MDI/Melissa's Offer

In a message dated 12/12/2002 09:40:28 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> If you do in fact need some graphs, let me know. I will draw some on a piece
> of paper, scan in the document, and send it to you off-list as a picture
> file (.jpg). If you want such graphs, please tell me which insulins would
> be
> used and at what hour of the day the injections would be given for both the
> MDI 4xday and Lantus-based options.

Hello Melissa

I couldn't possibly expect you to do all that.  You are so kind you know!  I
tell you what, when I have seen my consultant again I will let you know which
insulin they recommend and then we'll take it from there.  At the moment I
take Actrapid and Insulatard mixed in the morning and evening and then I take
Actrapid on its own to correct highs during the day.  These highs only
generally come around mid-morning when my breakfast is working.  My daughter
is on the pump as you probably already know and her control is fantastic now
so it would make sense for us both to be on one but I would like to get xmas
out of the way first and start the New Year as I mean to go on.

On the other hand, a consultant from a different hospital wants to see me in
January to talk about the pump.  This diabetologist has got patients on pumps
and wants to assess me.  I did not request this (so I suppose I am very lucky
to have it offered to me, but I had lost 4 babies and they wanted to talk to
me about going on a pump for pregnancy reasons).

I will stop going on now and I really do appreciate what you have offered.  I
will keep in touch.