Re: [IPk] Matching bolus to food is difficult!

> Hi Michael
> I think you misunderstood slightly.
> The point is to bolus no more than 5 units *at a time* not "no more
> than 5 units in total".

I did not mis-understand. There are many people that routinely bolus
more than 5 units at a time. In particular, those that are insulin
resistant and many type 2's on pumps. Several list members use over
100u / day. A 5 unit bolus would almost go un-noticed for them. I
don't believe there is any hard science to support minimizing the
size of a bolus. I don't mean to be argumentive, just pointing out
that thousands of people bolus in excess of 5 units for their main
meals. If there were a problem with this I'm sure we'd have heard
about it by now. There are around 300,000 pumps in use worldwide.
Around 4,000 of those pumpers belong to Insulin Pumpers. That's a
large enough sample so that any adverse problems would come to our

> Bernstein has theories about this too, and i
no comment on Berstein.