RE: [IPk] Matching bolus to food is difficult!

Hi Jenny

>snipped< 2. I thought that wholemeal food was "low GI" - am I
mistaken here? Shouldn't wholemeal rolls release sugar
slowly during the afternoon? If they are indeed high
GI, would any different type of bread be better?

Check out the GI website suggested before, or the "official" one at
www.glycemic-index.com.  Wholemeal seems to make virtually no difference to
the GI.  Grainy breads do slow things down though, and I have found that
Sainsburys Giant Malted baps keep me level or only cause a very slight rise.
You might need to experiment to find a suitable bread for your own personal

Good luck.

IDDM 34 years, D-Tron 2 months