Re: [IPk] Matching bolus to food is difficult!

Hi Michael
I think you misunderstood slightly.
The point is to bolus no more than 5 units *at a time* not "no more than 5
units in total".
Bernstein has theories about this too, and i believe there is scientific
evidence to support it, though I'm afraid I can't give you a reference
offhand. Bolusing one large amount at once- whether by syringe or pump -
seems to be less effective than bolusing two smaller amounts separately.
Certainly via injection this seems to be true, though I don't know about
I almost never take more than - or even as much as 5 units for anything, as I
have a ration of 15 carbs per unit. And I tend to bolus as I go, so I almost
always bolus separately for e.g. the main course and dessert.