RE: [IPk] Re: MDI

Quoting Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted>:

> Melissa
> Do most people take an intermediate in the morning AND at night, or do
> they
> have three shots of short acting (Humalog or Novorapid) and then use an
> intermediate or long acting at night.

Pre-pump I used intermediate acting insulin twice a day approx 12 hours apart
to try and maintain an approximately reasonably level basal insulin cover.
Then I took 3 or 4 or rarely 5 Humalog injections to cover meals or unexpected
highs (e.g. if I'd miscalculated the carb content of meals/snacks/energy

I found with Lantus allegedly 24 hour action time, it was wearing off after
approx. 21 hours.  Since it's been found I metabolise other drugs *very*
effectively, maybe this was a problem for me not found with many other people.

However, despite this intensive testing and injecting regime I could not fine
tune as effectively as with the pump.