Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #281

> The consultant told me that I would need to consider 4 injections a day
>whilst on steroids and that the pump should not be considered as a way out
>when there are new insulins on the market.  What do you think?

If the new insulins (or even an old one you haven't tried yet, such as
monotard or ultratard) give you great hba1cs, with few hypos/highs, and
allow you to live the kind of lifestyle you want (e.g. irregular hours /
frosties / transatlantic flights once a month / whatever), then you
should be using it.

I'd try it for a couple of months, then a couple of months with a
different basal.  Then start the pump, if mdi with carbohydrate
assessment doesn't work out.

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)