[IPk] Pumping: dangerous and untested?

The literature that Medtronic sent me included a "Supplement to Practial
Diabetes International" 12 page booklet, aimed at medical professionals,
reporting on a one day symposium for Diabetes Health Professionals, held in
December 2000.  It's all about pump theory and experience, with reports from
various parts of the country, and includes a section on children and

It's headed "New horizons in insulin pump therapy".  I'm sure this would be
of use to those struggling to get clinical support.  Perhaps Medtronic would
send you a copy.  If not, I would be happy to photocopy and snail-mail it to
anyone who wants it.

IDDM 34 years, D-Tron 2 months