[IPk] Re: 2 questions

In a message dated 05/12/2002 11:32:16 GMT Standard Time, email @ redacted

> How long do the batteries supplied by Minimed/Medtronic normally last in the
> pump?
> Is 4 weeks about normal?  Just wondering...

Hello Rhoda

I had a problem with batteries not lasting very long and I rang Minimed who
sent me some replacements free of charge and a new battery casing.  They told
me to clean the old battery casing with some alcohol swabs and then try the
new batteries.  At the end of the day, they said the amount of insulin we
were using (19 to 23 units per day) meant that the batteries should last
about 4 weeks.