Re: [IPk] eye appointment

In a message dated 12/4/2002 9:44:32 AM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> back in  August I had a bit of a scare as some retinopathy was detected
> (could
> have needed laser)
> I had my follow up appointment yesterday and was told my eyes are completely
> clear..

Sorry to throw a wee spanner in the works, and I know you're a medic - but
were you seen by an ophthalmologist, who knew the original diagnosis and
double-checked (and then by the consultant if  you didn't see him/her to
start with)?

If so, then that is absolutely brilliant news!

I sincerely hope that you won't develop retinopathy. However, these days it
is of course treatable, the earlier caught the better.  Improved control with
the pump is a big plus factor.  For anyone on the list who might not be aware
- retinal photography is a great tool.  It's quick and painless, there's an
accurate record which cannot be misrecalled and it's very useful for the
clinician who hasn't seen the back of your eye before!