Re: [IPk] Recognising errors in site changing

On Monday 02 Dec 2002 22:39, Louis wrote:

> The last three set changes have resulted in redness and swelling under the
> Tender window within hours, accompanied by no significant drop in BG's.  As
> with injections, my insertion technique is quite slow (slower than the
> video demonstration on the insulin-pumpers site - tho without broadband it
> is hard to tell how fast the needle is being inserted!).  The ultra-sticky
> plaster often sticks to the surrounding skin, before the cannula (led by
> the needle) has been fully inserted.  This can lead to having too much
> cannula not inserted into the skin, and potentially a set that is not
> 'fully' inserted. Hope this makes sense so far....

Just checking - you're not removing the plastic backing from the adhesive
areas *before* inserting the needle, are you? If you were that would make the
insertion very fiddly! You need to take the backing off the 'front' half
after you've inserted the needle, stick that half down, remove the needle,
then do likewise with the back half.

Explaining this sort of thing in text is quite difficult, isn't it?  I keep
wanting to wave my arms around to help my explanation :)