Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:00:15 -0000
From: "Caroline Batistoni" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] Cozmo Pump

Hi all,

Just thought I would share something I discovered from an American friend
today. There is a new pump due out in the states within the next couple of
weeks called the Deltec Cozmo.

It sounds like a fairly cool pump. Along with all the traditional features
you'd expect it also has a number of new ones. For example it can be
customised with a message e.g doctors contact number on main pump screen.
Temporary basals can be programmed either as a percent change or by units
per hour, rather than just by one of these ways. Boluses up to 25 units are
delivered in under a minute (that beats minimed's clunking that goes on
forever!!!) It has the option to bolus according to carbs eaten - i.e you
input your conversion factors and it does the calculation of how many units
required for you- useful if you're on a dodgy ration like 1:13 or something!
You can also input data so it will calculate the correct bolus to give as a
correction when you enter your blood glucose. It is designed so that users
can use it routinely with their PC, to upload settings to it and download
info from it. Finally it has the option of setting various alerts to remind
you if a meal bolus hasn't been taken when expected to be due, to remind you
to test your blood sugar and to remind you to change your set (like the
sound of the last one!)

Does anyone know of any plans to introduce it in the UK? (I'm not holding my