[IPk] difficulty in filling disetronic cartridges

Recently I've started having problems with vacuums
I never use to have difficulty
. Injecting air in before withdrawing insulin seems to help but I can only
inject about half a cartridge full, withdraw half a cartridge easily and then
struggle with vacuums again. The only other option I can think of is opening
another cartridge and needle to inject more air as I withdraw  the rest of the
When I was first diagnosed with D I was taught to inject air into an insulin
vial, but it seems odd that I had no need to do this with insulin until
Perhaps I should upgrade to a D Tron, but I feel so reassured having 2 pumps