Re: [IPk] morning sugars

This pattern is typical for me: I have my highest rates of insulin at
around 9am, to counter the rise at aruond 11.

You might want to do similar checking on days when you get up at 8, at
6, at noon, etc.

Best wishes,

Dm 30+, 508 6months +)

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>Happy New Year (nearly) to you all!
>Just a question someone might be able to help me with while I am waiting for the
>diabetes clinic to re-open. I seem to have got my night time basals under
>control by raising my rate from 0.6 during the day to 0.8 from between 4 and 10
>am. I wake at about eight these days and lie on till about ten while checking my
>sugars every so often. Things seem finr untill about 11 am when after getting up
>my sugars rocket by 4 to 5 mmol/l. Is this a prolonged dawn phen. or maybe
>associated with the 'stress' response of the body to being kicked out of bed?
>Any comments would be greatly appreciated. On the same point, do people tend to
>change their basals for lying-in as opposed to heading off to work early in the
>Best wishes and have a good night tomorrow,
>Richie Walsh

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)