From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 12:50 PM
Subject: [IPk] morning sugars

> Happy New Year (nearly) to you all!
> Just a question someone might be able to help me with while I am waiting
for the diabetes clinic to re-open. I seem to have got my night time basals
under control by raising my rate from 0.6 during the day to 0.8 from between
4 and 10 am. I wake at about eight these days and lie on till about ten
while checking my sugars every so often. Things seem finr untill about 11 am
when after getting up my sugars rocket by 4 to 5 mmol/l. Is this a prolonged
dawn phen. or maybe associated with the 'stress' response of the body to
being kicked out of bed? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. On the
same point, do people tend to change their basals for lying-in as opposed to
heading off to work early in the morning?