[IPk] morning sugars

Happy New Year (nearly) to you all!

Just a question someone might be able to help me with while I am waiting for the diabetes clinic to re-open. I seem to have got my night time basals under control by raising my rate from 0.6 during the day to 0.8 from between 4 and 10 am. I wake at about eight these days and lie on till about ten while checking my sugars every so often. Things seem finr untill about 11 am when after getting up my sugars rocket by 4 to 5 mmol/l. Is this a prolonged dawn phen. or maybe associated with the 'stress' response of the body to being kicked out of bed? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. On the same point, do people tend to change their basals for lying-in as opposed to heading off to work early in the morning?

Best wishes and have a good night tomorrow,
Richie Walsh