Re: [IPk] Sleep Time

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>How do you manage to sleep without crinking the infusion tube.  I toss and turn
>a lot during the night.  Any comments/ suggestions?

Personally I have it 'floating free' in the night - if it's clipped on
to my pyjama bottoms I wake up when I roll on it.  I double-tape my pump
(i.e. I put more tape below the 'quick release' lump on the tube, so
that when the pump is pulled, the insertion point isn't pulled.

I have one pyjama top which has low pockets, and if the pump is in there
and the top not buttoned up, the pump doesn't end up under me.

What usually happens is the tube ends up wound around me two times (I
like a very long infusion line so that I can put my trousers right on
the ground when going to the loo!

This sounds like a good time to mention Elizabeth's yo-yo.  Elizabeth
wasn't sure how she was going to react to being attached to a pump 24/7,
so got a yo-yo, and taped one end of the string to her stomach.

I don't know about the h-tron, but with the 508 they start you by using
the pump with saline for a week, so similarly, you get to drop it, worry
about kicking the tube, etc. etc. while not dependent on it for insulin.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 6months +)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)