[IPk] Follow up to urgent request

I was keeping a close watch on your observations on Molly's diagnosis
anyway, but then on Friday we were told that our niece (3 years old - on my
husband's side) has been diagnosed.  At the moment I have this tremendous
urge to go down to Glasgow and sit and listen to everything they are being
told by the hospital - just in case they get any rubbish. But don't worry I

Interestingly they asked the Dr about a pump, given my experiences, as their
wee girl is not taking well to the injections (understandably) - and the Dr
said they would not consider it until she was five.  Not sure why - if it
was just a stalling response or if they genuinely want to give her some

At the moment I am trying to balance all the "it is a disaster" type
comments - it would have been a disaster if she had been diagnosed 100 years
ago, at least we have insulin now.  God knows it is hard for her parents

Wishing all of you a peaceful Christmas.

Audrey Sheal

> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:34:20 +0000
> From: "Elizabeth/ Sonya" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IPk] follow up to urgent request
> Hi all -
> Just an update: my partner's cousin (who is 6 1/2, not 5 - where did that
> 18
> months go to?) was indeed diagnosed with diabetes - Bg on admittance 33.1
> mmol. So I now have two diagnosis anniversaries in my diary - hers and
> mine.
Scottish Enterprise Network

Headquarters Address & Contact Numbers

150 Broomielaw