Re: [IPk] sugar, sugar, everywhere

Fascinating stuff indeed, Elizabeth. I can't help but cringe when I think
that you are describing Ireland's top diabetes centre for children. It's all
true of course, and extremely irritating for a person with diabetes who
knows more about it than the experts.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the diabetes nurses, surely they will have
had an input? Also Crumlin is the only place with a psychologist, who will
be a useful resource for the child's parents.

I do think things will be different when she is treated as an out-patient.
The ward nonsense will be replaced by a lot of common sense, I expect. Also,
the child and her parents will soon meet up with others in the same
situation, and start exchanging tips just like we do on this list. Please
encourage them to join the DFI and the Sweet-Pea kids club (used to be the
Tadpole club).

If CC lost the cool, then there must have been a little tension in the air.
Are you sure some of it wasn't just your own frustration being projected a
little towards the range of contradictory staff you met? Not that you aren't
right to speak your mind, but sometimes that creates bad feeling which is
then projected back onto the child's innocent parents!!

Good luck and keep in touch.