Re: [IPk] overnight basal rate

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Davis" <email @ redacted>
To: "Insulin Pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [IPk] overnight basal rate

> Hi Richard,
> You need to discuss your basal rates with both your DSN and your MiniMed
> Nurse Educator. Waking up with BG's of 16-18 is not something a new pump
> user can sort out.

I couldn't agree more with this advice. The problem is that on a pump any
small inadequate adjustment throws your sugar levels out very quickly. It's
most likely that you didn't correct enough for something you ate in the
evening, but the only way to get the basal right is to fast and check
frequently. You should be faxing or e-mailing your results every day at this
stage. I had to, and I'm 14 years older than you! So follow John's advice

Good luck,

Tony O'Sullivan