From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 8:58 PM
Subject: [IPk] overnight basal rate

> Hi all,
>
> I am sorry if I bore you with a question that has probably been asked many
times before by new pump users but I was wondering if anyone had any
thoughts on the following please. I am just new to the pump and am trying to
sort out my night time basal rate. When waking up every 2 hours things seem
to be going very well with a variation of only 1 or 2 mmol/l but when I
sleep through the night I am waking up at 16 - 18! Does the waking up to
test disturb the normal sleep patterns/circadian rhythm/hormonal output that
lead to the dawn phenomenon (which I experienced strongly on injections)?
Any thoughts are most welcome.