[IPk] overnight basal rate

Hi all,

I am sorry if I bore you with a question that has probably been asked many times before by new pump users but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the following please. I am just new to the pump and am trying to sort out my night time basal rate. When waking up every 2 hours things seem to be going very well with a variation of only 1 or 2 mmol/l but when I sleep through the night I am waking up at 16 - 18! Does the waking up to test disturb the normal sleep patterns/circadian rhythm/hormonal output that lead to the dawn phenomenon (which I experienced strongly on injections)? Any thoughts are most welcome.

Richard Walsh (23 yrs, DMx7 yrs, 508x4 days)