Re: [IPk] RE: was urgent info request re: children - now cure

>Gosh Tony
>A cure within 7 years?

Which crystal ball were you looking in Tony? ;-) They've been saying
"within 10 years" ever since I was diagnosed 25 years ago!!! Forgive me if
I've become a little sceptical over that time. I maintain that there has
been almost no progress in the primary treatment of diabetes since insulin
was discovered 75 years ago. The main progress has been in the treatment of
complications. Most of the people who had islet cell transplants (Edmonton
Protocol) 2 years ago are now back on insulin.

Bev - I don't know about you, but I rather liked those glass syringes...
they spoke of quality. No different really from the injection pens that
many people now use. And the syringes were somewhat smaller than the pens.

And urine testing has a certain inescapable logic to it as well... it gives
you a summary of your bg levels over the preceding 3 or 4 hours. In many
situations this can be more meaningful than knowing only what it is know.

mailto:email @ redacted