[IPk] RE: was urgent info request re: children - now cure

Gosh Tony

A cure within 7 years?  That sounds unbelievable (or perhaps
I won't let myself believe it).  I guess when I was first
diagnosed (24 yrs ago) I used to have to boil my syringes
every night and drop tablets and urine into a test tube and
watch it change colour.  Progress is swifter than you realise
until you think back.  I can remember when I was allowed to
carry my syringe (metal and glass) in a portable carrier
immersed in methylated spirit and I did not have to boil it.
I thought it was fantastic (actually I might have thought it
was fantastic because of the amount of meths I was
unwittingly injecting myself with every day!).

I hope you are right (more so for my children than me - they
are OK so far but it is always at the back of my mind that
they may not be so fortunate as I).

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader