RE: [IPk] Funding of pumps and consumables

Hi Dave

You are absolutely right with your comments regarding funding
except that just because we are more fortunate than some does
not mean that there is not some room for improvement in the
NHS nor that we should not campaign to see it.

Long-term pump use not only improves our lives but will
ultimately reduce NHS costs.  It is a classic win-win
situation (although perhaps not in the 3 - 5 yr election term
that most governments seem to view funding issues!).  There
are places in the world where as diabetics we would be worse
off and equally places where we would be better off.  Surely
our intention should be to attain the latter for the UK
rather than the former?

Beverley

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist