[IPk] Re: Glargine

I'm back on list again.

FWIW while on a recent trip to the USA I managed to get a script for
Glargine/Lantus as my DM clinic doctor here in the UK is not in
favour of long-acting insulins and I have poor control with
intermediate insulins as my basal.  I thought it was worth trying.

I've found Lantus smoothed out my basal level enormously.  OK it's
only 2 months into the experiment and unless I can get more, it will
end in another 2 months.

I know some of my friends in the USA use Lantus/Glargine in their
pump while others use Humalog/Lispro.  I hear pros and cons from both
sets.  I only hope that doctors will realise that one-size does not
fill all and work with us to try and find out what works best for us.

I hadn't previously thought of anything but Humalog for a pump so I'm
reading up more. Of course I'm still trying to get funding for a
pump.  GP practice has agreed to pick up the consumable tab if pump
is funded so that is a major step on the road.

Best wishes