Re: [IPk] Glargine / glucose sensing as a tool

In message <l03130309b82dbfaf8ade@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>Basically I'm not convinced by those lovely
>smooth graphs...

Me neither.  I've also done the maths on what my 'normal', 'exercising'
and 'sick' profiles actually deliver hour on hour ... staggering
difference between the high and low points.  I range between an imput of
0.9 p/h and 0.1 p/h, which results in a delivery which isn't quite as
wide, but nearly....  Also I find that, day to day, the profiles change
wildly - and part of my lack of control is due to being unable to spot
just when 'exercising' (lasts up to 48 hours after exercising) stops,
and when I'm going down with an infection (a portable white blood cell
meter would be very useful!)

So would a portable mass spectrometer and scales combined so that I can
see what I'm putting in.  I have observed that about half the time I
have to guess (because there is no info on packets or menu).

I also need a statistician to work with me and get the scales for the
'square' part of the dual I need for an evening meal worked out.  I
think, actually, I need a 'triple' wave: a 60g CHO evening meal needs
something like 3.5 units now, 1.5 units over 2 hours, 1 unit over 8
hours.  At lunch time, it would need 6 units now, and at breakfast it
would need 6 units now and 2 units over 1 or 2 hours (shorter if higher,
longer if lower at the start).

Never satisfied!

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 6months+, building her 'Dutch' buildings database today!)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)