Re: [IPk] Static electricity

>There is one (at least) published caution (I can't remember where). The
>title is something like 'Museum Visit Causes Pump Malfunction'. The
>diabetic in question used a van der graf generator.

Well, that's quite an extreme situation :-)

I've just been to the Insulin Pumpers UK website
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk and did an advanced search of the US mail
archives on "static" and it brought up a lot of posts. Might be worth
reading them. (Don't forget to use your email address as the username, and
"pumper" as password!)

But it seems to me that while there are occasional reports of static
electricity upsetting the electronics in a pump, the worst that can happen
is that your pump resets itself, and sounds an alarm. In practice, this
will most likely never happen to you, and in Britain especially unlikely
since we have such damp air. In my opinion, this would not be a significant
reason for choosing one pump over another.

mailto:email @ redacted