[IPk] Static electricity

There is one (at least) published caution (I can't remember where). The
title is something like 'Museum Visit Causes Pump Malfunction'. The
diabetic in question used a van der graf generator.

Best wishes,

In message <email @ redacted>, Diane Couchot
<email @ redacted> writes
>Diane Couchot <email @ redacted>
>My son is sixteen and has had Type I diabetes for three years.  He is about
>to go to a pump and I am interested in learning of experiences of other
>pump users, especially teens.  My son is very diligent about his diabetes
>regimen, and should be successful with the use of the pump.  My father had
>a concern about the Mini-Med pump after reading somewhere that there can be
>problems with the pump and static electricity.  Have any of you experienced
>this device stopping when static electricity is a factor?  We are going to
>get the Mini-Med pump, and would like to hear from others using this brand
>of pump.  We are in the United States, but searching for general
>information on pumps, I came across your site.  Thank you for sharing any
>input and suggestions!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)