[IPk] Donations

It has taken months, but finally, I think, I've sorted out how to give
in a tax-efficient way!

It was complicated, because I'd moved from my old 'covenanted' CAF
account (i.e.to give-as-you-earn CAF.  Apparently, this is a different
kind of money, so you can only give internationally by money that's been
through your bank account.  So I had to re-activate the old account (it
means I now give more ... can't be a bad thing!)

Now, the card says you can give on line, but boy, is it difficult.
There is no hot link from the front page of the CAF site to a 'donate
now' page ... oh no, you have to go onto a different, secure site, and
select 'give online', which takes you to another site where 'giving
online' is an option, and then you get to a page where you can search
for charities by keywords or name, and, despite Insulin-pumpers being
cleared by CAF as an OK organization, it isn't there, so you can go to
another page where you can fill in details, and, at last, you are at:

This is where you need to be!  I am still not sure that this is going to
work % - it does ask you for charity nos. and that kind of stuff, and
doesn't mention international giving (there is no international giving
link from any of the three sites you trail through which has online

I hope this reaches Michael in time to contribute to the fund to match
the December challengers.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)