Re: [IPk] Froehliche Weihnachten

If you have decent eyesight, with good colour recognition, you can use
sight-read strips. Boerhinger Mannheim (you know far better than me how
I've mangled the spelling of that name) make the most popular brand.

I've never managed to work out whether 'BM sticks' (the usual term for
the things and procedure in Britain means Blood glucose Monitoring
sticks' or 'Boerhinger Mannheim sticks': I think the latter, as its more

In message <email @ redacted>, David Jones
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi everybody
>Should I call it emergency or survival training? Anyway I have run out of
>"Accutrend sensor comfort Glucose" blood sticks on Friday. Well, not
>entrirely, I got two left keeping them for an absolute emergency. I have got
>a second meter however being the same design. Usually my mother sends sticks
>to me from Germany. This time a fire destroyed three packages. So I was too
>late in ordering them. Sending them from Germany to Enland takes at least
>one week. I trieded to get them in 15 British Pharmacies without success.
>The sticks which are used in England have been off the market in Germany for
>a long time. They are simply oldfashioned. I asked weather they could order
>them for me, but each time I received a "NO". Over the weekend I just tried
>to guess what sugar level I've had but I will only realize when it is much
>to low or too high. For a diabetic with a pump pretty risky.  Is this a
>faliure of the British system or did just not act the right way?
>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)