[IPk] Froehliche Weihnachten

Hi everybody

Should I call it emergency or survival training? Anyway I have run out of
"Accutrend sensor comfort Glucose" blood sticks on Friday. Well, not
entrirely, I got two left keeping them for an absolute emergency. I have got
a second meter however being the same design. Usually my mother sends sticks
to me from Germany. This time a fire destroyed three packages. So I was too
late in ordering them. Sending them from Germany to Enland takes at least
one week. I trieded to get them in 15 British Pharmacies without success.
The sticks which are used in England have been off the market in Germany for
a long time. They are simply oldfashioned. I asked weather they could order
them for me, but each time I received a "NO". Over the weekend I just tried
to guess what sugar level I've had but I will only realize when it is much
to low or too high. For a diabetic with a pump pretty risky.  Is this a
faliure of the British system or did just not act the right way?