From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Jane Halls
Sent: 31 August 2006 12:29
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPk] Medtronic Guardian RT CBGMS

Hi Carol,

I had a trial with the Guardian RT a while back. I think it was February
this year. The first trial ended after about 6 hours because the sensor was
no longer working. I had to contact the out-of-hours number for Medtronic as

my BG results were way off the RT results and whilst I was on the 'phone the

alert I got said the sensor should be replaced. I had no replacement sensor
so I had to give up on it. I did get another trial, the following month and,

like you, I had very little sleep the first night! Neither did my husband,
he wasn't impressed!
I came away thinking that perhaps it wasn't for me. But, as Caroline says,
perhaps a longer trial may give a better result all round.
Anyway, make the most of it. Good luck.

I have an appointment at Bournemouth Hospital on Monday to have a CGMS
fitted for a few days to have a continuous reading, without the alerts ( or
the constant BG results the RT gives). I am looking forward to seeing what
is going on.

Jane