Re: [IPk] Another holiday pump problem

Hi Andrew

I'm glad you had a better experience than I did last week with Medtronic.
I've been away to the Isle of Wight for a week and discovered that, whilst
unpacking on Saturday night, I'd managed to crush all my Quick-Sets.  First
of all I couldn't believe what had happened.  I've travelled quite a few
times since starting on the 508 8 months ago and have never crushed
anything!  I then went into total panic when I realised that it was a Bank
Holiday weekend and no-one would be available until the Tuesday morning and
I would be due to change on the Sunday (having last changed on Thursday
evening).  Anyway I then forfeited all the lovely dinners/sweets offered at
the hotel and stuck to salads and a low carb diet to prolong my change and
waited for Tuesday morning.  When I rang them I was told that there was no
guarantee they would be able to get anything to me before the end of the
week as the Quick-Sets had to come from their supplier in Belgium (?) and
that we were not on the mainland as they did not keep any supplies at their
office.  Anyway, I gave up on that and had to ask my husband to send some
from home (luckily I'd gone on holiday with my Mum and not him) which he
packaged securely and I received by 1st class post 8.30 the next morning.

However, when I took the new ones out I discovered why the original ones had
managed to get crushed.  There is a blue cap which covers the needle on the
Quick-Sets and when I looked at the new ones the cap was floating around
inside the packaging.  This effectively allowed the needle to bend.  On
arriving home I checked the remaining sets in the box and they are all the

Karen Hennessy