Hi Jane,

Not exactly what you were looking for, but my diabetes was discovered
when I started wetting the bed again (aged 5).  It stopped once I went
onto insulin.

Did your son become diabetic before he was dry, in which case, I guess
he has to 'learn' for the first time (from misrembered radio programmes,
I think that learning in mid-childhood isn't that unusual) Or is it a
case that he's going to be able to revert to previously learned
behaviour once his nightly urine production drops to a normal level?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 pump 2+)

In message <email @ redacted>, email @ redacted
>My young son (aged 9) is currently waiting for a pump and we are told that it
>may not be that long now !?!  However, he regularly wets the bed and
> particularly when his levels are quite high overnight (which unfortunately
> normal for his body). Has anyone had any experience of young diabetics
>and more particularly has anyone noticed an improvement when a pump has been
>used.  Rob is desperate to stop wetting the bed and is relying on the pump to
>help him out in this respect in time.
>Your help would be appreciated

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)