[IPk] neuropathy

   Last weekend I started with a very strong burning sensation in my feet I
guess neuropathy has started.In the past ive had a slight altered feeling when
ive run high over night but its soon gone.Five days on and the burning is just
as strong I feel like ive got heat lamps under my feet its particularly bad
at night.
  Ive had diabetes for 16 years and beem on the pump for the last two and a
half years.My last Hba1c in July was 6.8.Ive been told that the burning can
last for up to two years until all the nerves have died off and then the feet
will go numb.This made me cry.
  Im quite a believer in alternative medicine and have booked to have some
 acupuncture and have started taking alpa lipoic acid and evening primrose oil.I
prefer this to taking pain killers.
  Its come as a bit of a shock and despite me keeping very tight control
 since the burning started it has not subsided.Does anyboby have any information
and personal experience of neuropathy in the feet?