  From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
  Sent: 29 August 2003 01:28
  To: email @ redacted
  Cc: email @ redacted
  Subject: Advantage of the Pump

  Hello everyone

  Tonight has really proved that the pump is worth its weight in gold.  My
mum was involved in a serious road accident tonight which meant taking
Danielle's meal off her and her friend and getting them over to the hospital
with me and my husband to sit in Accident & Emergency.  No insulin was
required because she had not even eaten a quarter of her food and as I could
not concentrate on Danielle's diabetes, the pump did that for me.  She came
home, finished her food intake, had sweets and went to bed late with a sort
of good enough reading.

  My mum is stable and as comfortable as she can be.  Staying up tonight to
make sure I don't miss any calls from the hospital.

  Speak soon.

  Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002