I know on a Friday afternoon, you probably don't want to hear about
making a pledge to Insulin Pumper, but tonight or tomorrow you will go
on-line and expect IP to be there with notes from friends and fellow
forum members. Insulin Pumpers comes to you a few time a year and asks
for your financial support. This is day 28 of the Summer pledge drive
and we still need to raise another $1100 for this quarter.

Some of you have asked if there is not another way to raise money for
Insulin Pumpers. Many ways have been tried, direct mail, contact with
meter and insulin makers, and of course our friends at the pump
companies. You can see the results on the home page of the
Insulin-Pumpers web site, there are a half dozen supporting
companies. You letters to the non-supporting meter manufacturers and
other might help. My thanks to those members of industry that see
the value in Insulin Pumpers.The biggest portion of support for
Insulin Pumpers still comes from the forum members. Of our ~ 4200+
members, around 12% have made one and sometimes several contribution
over the last year. With the tremendous interest in Insulin Pumpers
and growth in the membership, it seems that there really should be a
higher percentage of contributors. You can help us reduce the amount
of time and energy spent on fund raising by making a sustaining
contribution of a few dollars a month. If enough forum members become
continuing members, the need for pledge drives will decrease. Another
good way to make a significant contribution is to challenge the other
members to make contribution to match your pledge of $100 or more. If
everyone that is a member just pledged just 50 cents a month, way
less than $10 a year, there would be no need at all for our pledge

The biggest reason to make a contribution is simply because you enjoy
the forum and the friendship and support that it brings you. Your
financial support is needed to keep Insulin Pumpers health. Currently
their are no challenges so your only incentive to give is your
appreciation for Insulin Pumpers service to you and the community.

To contribute to this pledge drive or make a sustaining gift to
Insulin Pumpers visit the Insulin Pumpers donation page at:

If you would like to challenge the other list members to match your
generosity and motivate them to make their own contribution then
visit the challenge page of the web site at:

Insulin Pumpers
558 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035

In the UK,  <=====